Monday, February 4, 2008

Love Stirring

Hi Ya'll ~

I don't usually like to share my poems written from my heart so widely and publicly but I am curious to see what sort of responses I get from this one. I rarely write poetry, so when I do it really comes from my inner deep feelings and thoughts. My poetry I keep pretty private. However, this year my goal is FACING FEARS! So along with this theme, if you will, includes my writing. So here goes.

~ LOVE STIRRING ~ by Christina Call
This was written in the early morning hours of 2/4/08 while sleeping in bed. I get most of my writing ideas and poems while in bed asleep and awake to write it down immediately while it flows right through me, or in the shower in mornings. Haha. So this poem was written in a total of about 5-10 min and after the last word was written, I fell back into deep sleep with pen and paper still in hand, LOL :)

(Please keep in mind while reading this poem that the feelings involved -some are past and some are current. They're not ALL current)


Look at you I won't, a long while, in the eyes
Or you'll see exactly what I'm feeling inside
You don't know how much I feel for you
But then again, maybe you do.

My heart is aching, lost and confused
What has happened to the man I once knew?
Different and also the same
A man that carries his name.

So much we have both been through, me and you
Often I feel torn in two
Loving you more than I have any one man
If only you could more fully understand.

Where are you my love and will you ever return?
This, all new to me and so much to learn
How may I find you?
What am I to do?

This disease, I hate it
Cancer, can't stand it
Yet you see it quite differently
Though please look what it has done for you and me.

Who are we now?
I don't know
I look at you
And your eyes aglow.

We are far now from whom we once were
Sometimes I wonder, are we now any better?
So many emotions flown through us in short time
Yet here we are, still, on an upward climb.

Will patience pay off or rob me blind?
I'll never know 'til we learn what we find
Innocent and oft times deep,
Our minds perform a spring clean sweep.

My heart is full and empty still
Waiting to meet halfway at the hill
Call you my boyfriend or friend only now?
Asking with an expression, a sighing frown.

All this a big mystery
We're finally feeling a bit more free
Please help me to understand; help me to grow
Into the woman you want to know.

With all my heart, mind and soul
Whatever it takes to show
I'm sincere, serious and this is my goal
Here now with you, would I be, if truly I don't love you so?

Everything always happens for a reason
We both say, and in timing there always is a season
To be here, near or far
That is indeed wherever you are...

It is me whispering in your ear
I truly love you darling dear
Please know you mean the world to me
As long as we're together changing and making history.

You help me to see things in a different light
In that I feel strength within my might
Feel it, I know you do
Without you in my life, I'd be so blue.

How do I prove
My love is true?
Cause within my heart
Feelings brew.

3 comments:

SS said...

I absolutely LOVED your poem! It made me tear up which rarely happens. I hope he realizes what a wonderful person you are and that he has a very special person (in you) by his side!
SS

Christy said...

SS~
Thank you for your sweet remarks.

I'm sorry, I just barely read your note, I took a little time away from writing and I'm back!

I'm so touched that my poem made you feel something.

I hope you'll return for more of my writing to come.

Thank you again for visiting my page.

Hugz and smiles,
Christy ;)

Anonymous said...

beautiful poem!
love
merrianne & spencer