Thursday, March 20, 2008

Poem written by my cuz Zach

Hi, I'm posting this beautiful poem written by my cousin Zach.

Zach, I hope you don't mind I'm posting your sweet poem on my blog post for today. It sums up everything I have felt all my life and continue to encourage in others. Thank you for sharing it on your blog. You have a sweet soul.

I hope others will enjoy this as much as I do...


Friday, February 29, 2008

A Hole in the World...
what is it about family that can bring you so close?
while on the same hand,it can push you so far apart?
what is it about the human race that makes people so judgmental?
thinking you have the right to say if someone is right or wrong?
sane or insane?
what is it about humans that makes us think we are better and above the other?
aren't we all the same?
aren't we all just people?
who cares about skin color,religion,beliefs,sexual orientation,or financial status?
why can't we as a people look past that?
why can't we see past their religion?
past their clothing?
past the person they come home to at night?
why don't we look at what they do?
why don't we look at who they are?
what they contribute to society?
what kind of mind they have?
what dreams and goals they have?
do we all have to be so shallow and smug?

i'm begging to think that morrie schwartz hit on the nail.
"love is the only rational act. love is the only rational act."

-Zach Litke

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Poem!!! :)

Christy Call said...

Oh I know huh? I had to post it up... it's so hammer on the nail and true to how I view life and how I feel. Zach couldn't have worded it any better.

Thanx again Zach for sharing this awesum poem.

Viewers/readers, I hope you enjoy it too ;)

Hugz,
Christy

Christy said...

That is an amazing poem! Zach rocks:)

Wendy said...

Yo, it's been a while. Write something would ya!